Y’all, I have about a million ideas bouncing around in this little head of mine for this little blog of mine, and I just haven’t been able to sit down and get them all out.
But this, this was worth me slowing down for and sharing. (I’ve got to be more consistent with my posts!)
I’ve made “safe” chicken salad twice now. Oh my. It is SO GOOD!
Before this recipe, I had never made chicken salad so I turned to my favorite place to look when I don’t know how to make something- Once A Month Meals.
Here’s how I put my spin on it and made it safe for us.
Dairy & Egg Free Chicken Salad:
(Adapted from this recipe at Once A Month Meals)
- 2 cups cooked chicken (I used both dark and white meat. This is the recipe I use.)
- 1 cup shredded carrots (I buy pre-bagged)
- 1 cup of red seedless grapes, halved
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 to 1.5 cups of Just Mayo (Vegan mayo. Here’s how to buy it for just $1!)
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Mix all of the above ingredients in a bowl. Serve on bread as a sandwich or with lettuce for a low carb version.
Here’s what ours looks like. Yum!
I made this yesterday and to make it even more delicious, I made homemade bread! Click here for my bread recipe.