It turned out perfectly! The Huzz told me to please write down what I did before I forgot how I made them. Yes!
If you are looking for creamy and “normal” tasting dairy free mashed potatoes, then you must try my Holiday Mashed Potatoes!
Here’s how I made them, on a whim.
Holiday Mashed Potatoes:
- 8-12 Yukon Gold Potatoes
- SO Delicious Lite Culinary Coconut Milk
- Vegetable Broth
- Vegan Butter
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Garlic Powder
- Peel and chop potatoes. Add to cook pot as you chop. Keep a small amount of water in pot to keep the potatoes from browning.
- Place pot on burner and set to medium high until the water boils. Reduce heat to medium. Boil potatoes until tender, stirring occasionally. I use a wooden spoon across the top of my boiling pot to keep the water from boiling over.
- Drain potatoes in a colander. Return the potatoes to the pot.
- Mash potatoes using potato masher. Use an immersion stick blender for even creamier potatoes.
- Add several large spoons of vegan butter and a generous splash of coconut milk. Add a small splash of vegetable broth. Mash a bit more.
- Add salt and pepper to taste along with 1 or 2 generous shakes of garlic powder if desired. Mix well.
- Taste. Add more coconut milk, vegetable broth and butter, a little at a time. Mix well, taste, and repeat until desired consistency and taste is achieved.
- Serve with homemade gravy. (Optional, but totally amazing!)