I love leftovers! My little family is quite happy to eat the same exact meal two nights in a row, as am I.
However, I’ve been trying to be more creative in my menu planning.
Leftover drumsticks? Pick the meat off and use it for a new recipe the next day. Leftover chicken breast? Chop it or shred it for tomorrow’s lunch or dinner.
Here’s a list of ideas of what to do with leftover chicken.
- Make Chicken Salad (serve on homemade rolls, sandwich bread or crackers)
- Make Chicken Nachos (with or without barbecue sauce)
- Make Buffalo Ranch Chicken Wraps
- Make Chicken & Daiya “Cheese” Quesadillas
- Make Chicken & Rice Soup
- Make Chicken Noodle Soup (sub vegan butter and safe noodles)
- Make Meat & “Cheesy Ranch” Rollup
- Make Ally’s 20 Minute Skillet Stir Fry
- Make “Cheesy” Taco Stuffed Crescent Rolls
- Make BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Make Crispy Southwestern Chicken Wraps
Numbers 7 & 10 use a homemade pizza dough. It’s not quick, but it is easy because it uses the bread machine to make the dough. Use a safe pre-made dough for these if you’re short on time.
I love cooking chicken once and using it for two meals. If you menu plan, print this list and keep it handy. It will help you plan easy meals for leftover chicken. I know I’m excited to use this list when I menu plan.
I hope these 11 quick and easy ideas for leftovers help with stretching the budget and menu planning.