I was so excited to get into a good blogging groove again. And then we decided our chosen curriculum for homeschool was not the best fit for our daughter. So we switched gears, revamped and have finally hit a good groove again.
Good groove= mommy has time to blog (sometimes!)
Today I was measuring out the ingredients for my bread machine and decided to pre-measure the dry ingredients to make future bread making even easier. The recipe by itself is pretty easy. But let’s face it. Some days even easy recipes are hard for me. We are selling our house, homeschooling and then there’s just life in general. And no eating out, because, well, I just don’t trust that other chefs/cooks won’t accidentally make a mistake with my daughter’s food. So I prepare all of our food.
Here’s how my next three times of making bread will be even faster and easier.
1. grabbed a few baggies,
2. pre-measured the dry ingredients, and
3. added the steps including missing ingredients in order.
I added a sticker because I love stickers. Stickers are not necessary, but, why not? 🙂
Click here for the bread recipe I’ve been using. It’s officially called “White Bread for 1.5 lb Loaf Breadmaker.”
I’ve also made Hamilton Beach’s recipe for french bread and it’s really good, too.
Yummy Ranch Turkey Sliders on Homemade Rolls with Sautéed Zucchini
Doesn’t this dinner look delish?
Hot, homemade rolls.
Ranch turkey burger sliders made with:
Homemade ranch mix.
Fresh green onions.
Lean ground turkey breast.
Served with sautéed fresh zucchini.
First, the rolls have to be made. I skipped the original directions for making the dough. With any bread recipe, I throw it all in the bread machine and press “dough.” It’s worked for me so far. It takes me less than 5 minutes to put the ingredients in the bread machine.
Here’s the recipe for the homemade dinner rolls.
Homemade Dinner Rolls
(adapted from this recipe from All Recipes)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 tsp Quick Rise Yeast for Bread Machines
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk (I’ve used SO Delicious Original Coconut Coffee Creamer & SO Delicious Lite Culinary Coconut Milk)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- Add all ingredients to the bread maker. Use dough setting. This takes 1.5 hours on my bread machine.
- Once the dough is ready, divide dough into 12 equal pieces. Shape into balls. Mine are never perfectly round or even the exact same size. I divide the dough in half using a pizza cutter. Then I cut the halves in half. And cut each strip into three pieces. (12 rolls total) Roll.
- Place in greased 8-inch round pan. Use vegan butter to grease the pan.
- Cover with a clean kitchen towel. Let it rise in a warm and draft free spot until it’s doubled in size. It takes my dough about an hour to double in size.
- When the dough is doubled in size, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Mine are perfect in 18 minutes.
- Remove from pan; brush with a small pat of melted vegan butter.
Next, whip up a batch of homemade dry ranch mix (link below). I always double this batch so I have some on hand to make dinners like this a snap.
Once your ranch mix is done, it’s time to start making your ranch turkey burger patties.
I found this lovely recipe on Pinterest. I’ve made a few changes to make it safe for our diet.
Ranch Turkey Burger Sliders
(adapted from this recipe from Laa Loosh)
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all ingredients.
- The patties are for smaller dinner rolls, so make the patties the size of sliders. I get 8 sliders from this recipe.
- Heat a pan on medium. Spray the pan with olive oil spray.
- Cook the patties until well done.
To make the Ranch Turkey Burger Sliders with Homemade Rolls:
- Cut the rolls in half.
- Add turkey slider to bottom half of roll.
- Add desired toppings (sliced tomato, lettuce and/or sliced onions).
- Top with the top half of the roll.
- Serve with a veggie on the side.
Ranch Turkey Sliders ready to be Cooked
Just the right size for homemade dinner rolls.
Homemade Ranch Turkey Sliders on Homemade Rolls!
I like small appliances and gadgets. I depend on them now that I’m a food allergy mom and cook dinner every single day.
If there’s an appliance or gizmo that will make cooking easier, well by golly, I want it!
Here is a list of my favorite small appliances, gadgets and doo dads that make my life a little easier.
- Bread Machine: I use this a few times a month. I make my own pizza dough. My machine has a dough setting. The recipe I use isn’t even for the bread machine, but I tried it and it works. I don’t want to make bread if I can’t figure out how to do it with my bread machine. I’m not lazy… I have too many other things to do! I also make a super easy and yummy homemade bread. I choose the “rapid white” button and we have homemade bread in less than an hour.
- Rice Cooker: I LOVE my rice cooker. I mean, I can’t live without it. Okay, *maybe* I’m exaggerating, but the point is, I DON’T want to live without it. When my old rice cooker broke, we immediately replaced it. I usually make rice at least once a week. This is a must have in my kitchen. Enough said.
- Slow Cookers: I have a 12 year old Crockpot that I received as a bridal shower gift. I use it several times a month. I have a smaller one, too. I love having two different sizes. I want a third one, but I haven’t found one on clearance yet. You can never have too many slow cookers, right?
- Wok: We love stir fry! We have a big, ole wok and enjoy using it. I’ve also found it’s great for holding a ton of spaghetti sauce. Like several jars of sauce plus meat.
- Pizza Pans: Oh, cheesy and gooey pizza…I mourned you. Especially you, “Pizza, pizza!” We had to break up, you see. It’s not me…it’s you. I’ve moved on to homemade dairy free pizzas and I think I found the key- a pizza pan with holes! I bought two inexpensive pizza pans from Hy-Vee. The last pizza crust I made tasted just like the pizzas we used to buy. It is nonstick so I didn’t have to fight the pizza with the spatula to get it off of the foil. Win! Also, there was something about the pizza being round instead of the rectangular shaped ones I was making… It made me feel happy. It’s the little things, ya know?
- Grill Basket: I love summer because the Huzz grills a lot. And I love handing him the protein to grill and a grill basket full of fresh veggies! I season the veggies with olive oil, salt & pepper. That’s it. Easy and fresh is the best!
- Microwave Popcorn Popper: We use this to make popcorn. Just last week, SG was watching yet another movie on NetFlix. I decided she should have some popcorn. I whipped together a homemade, freshly popped batch of “Dragon’s Breath” popcorn. A few years ago, I had no clue how to do this. Food allergies have made us better eaters, that’s for sure!
- Keurig: Okay, this is my list so I have to include it. I wake up and go straight to the Keurig. Even the short wait for the Keurig to heat up seems like it takes too long some mornings. Little Mama (that’s me!) needs and loves her coffee with Silk french vanilla soy creamer. Gotta have it. No coffee, no talkie!
What are some of the items you depend on in your kitchen?
My fabulous bread maker & rice cooker!
My handy dandy cheap pizza pan that has rocked our pizza world!