I’ve literally been wanting to write this post for a year now! I’m working on another post filled with links to dairy and egg free recipes for the holidays. That has finally motivated me to get this done!
Soon I will also share a dairy, egg & cinnamon free apple pie. It’s a great pie! So is this cherry pie. What can I say? We love homemade pies!
It is lovely that this recipe only uses 5 ingredients. I could make a homemade crust (and please feel free to make your own!) but I make so many other things from scratch, that I LOVE using this crust.
- 3 bags of frozen pitted cherries
- 3/4 c sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 c cornstarch
- Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crusts (use both in the box)
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees.
- Place all filling ingredients in medium sized pan and bring to a boil, stirring gently. Once it boils, lower to a simmer until the filling thickens. Take off of the heat and let cool slightly.
- In a pie pan, center one of the pie crusts. It will hang over the edge of pan.
- Pour the cooled filling into the pie pan.
- Center the other pie crust and put it gently over the cherry pie filling.
- Roll the top pie crust under the bottom pie crust. You might have bumpy large lumps in some parts but that doesn’t bother me. 🙂
- Use a fork to crimp the rolled together edges or use your fingers to crimp the edges.
- Use a sharp knife to make a few slits in the pie crust.
- Sprinkle a little bit of white sugar on top. (optional)
- Place pie on a cookie sheet (in case of overflow) and bake for approximately 50 minutes.
- Let cool. Enjoy!