I jokingly called this “Chip Dip” and it has stuck. Otherwise named by me as vegan queso bean dip… also known as my new obsession for my lunches.
It has just three ingredients: Daiya cheddar style block, salsa, & black beans.
And it’s SO, SO good!
Doesn’t this look yummy?
I’ve been making chip dip with just salsa and Daiya cheddar for awhile now, and it’s great that way, too. I wanted to bulk up my lunch by adding more protein, so a few days ago I threw in a cup of my frozen black beans. (I soak and cook my own beans so I keep them in the freezer in one cup portions.)
The beans were apparently just what my body needed, because I felt great all afternoon! I didn’t even need my usual afternoon cup of coffee.
This recipe is so easy and I’m just lovin’ it!
Today I measured the ingredients for the sake of this post, but I usually don’t measure. You can’t really mess this up.
Vegan Queso Bean Dip:
- 2 cups of safe salsa
- 1 cup of black beans (drained if from can)
- A few slices of Daiya cheddar style block, cut into small pieces
- Add salsa, beans, & cheddar pieces to a pot.
- Heat until cheese is melted and the dip is well mixed and heated through. Add more cheese if the dip isn’t cheesy enough or add more salsa if it’s too cheesy.
- Serve as a dip with tortillas.
Not only is this a rockin’ lunch, but this would also be a great dip to bring to a potluck or to serve at the next big game.
I hope y’all enjoy this as much as I do!
P.S. Did you notice the cute blue measuring spoon with the super long handle? I recently bought them at Hobby Lobby and I LOVE them. They are so much fun! It’s the little things, ya know?