I love chickpea cutlets!!!
They are budget friendly, freeze beautifully and are a great protein for many dishes.
Seriously, these little babies are so budget friendly. I can get anywhere from 10-12 cutlets per 14 oz jar of beans. For us, they average out to about 13 cents per cutlet! What what?!?!
Here is a super easy way to use the chickpea cutlets. By the way, I have also made these cutlets with white northern beans and they taste exactly the same!
Before you make this recipe, head over to this blog post and make a batch or two of the cutlets. These cutlets freeze well. I try to always have a batch of chickpea cutlets in the freezer.
Here’s how I make what I like to “Cutlets Parmesan.” It has neither meat or cheese, but it’s amazing just the same!
- Prepared Cutlets (click here for recipe)
- Safe jar of spaghetti sauce
- Safe cooked noodles (approximately 1.5 to 2.5 cups, depending on the size dish you make.)
- Vegan Cheese (We use Daiya Mozzarella Shreds)
- Nutritional Yeast
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use either an 8×8 or 9×12 glass baking dish. I use an 8×8 for just the three of us. I use the 9×12 if we have guests for dinner.
- Place a layer of noodles in the baking dish.
- Add a layer of spaghetti sauce on top of the noodles. Spread evenly and gently.
- Sprinkle nutritional yeast on top of the spaghetti sauce.
- Sprinkle a light layer of vegan cheese.
- Add cutlets on top of vegan cheese.
- Top each cutlet with additional spaghetti sauce and add more vegan cheese on top of each cutlet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. This is to heat the casserole and melt the vegan cheese. The dish is already all cooked, so it shouldn’t need more than 15 minutes.