It was so relaxing for me to sit down and plan out this menu plan. A few years ago, I never would have made that statement!!!
After our stressful vacation, it feels good to sit down and get back into our safe and comfy routine.
By the way, isn’t this graphic amazing? My brother is a very talented graphic design artist and is responsible for graphic designs on my blog. Thanks brother! I will use this menu plan graphic in all of my upcoming menus. I’m so excited!!!
Here’s our menu plan for the last few days of December and the first half of January. I’m always adding new recipes (thanks Pinterest!) and mixing in our old favorites.
Speaking of favorites, I’m currently obsessed with pineapple fried rice. You’ll see that twice on this menu served three times. I could eat it for dinner everyday! And it’s meatless to boot. At least my version is.
This menu has a mix of chicken, pork, turkey and meatless meals (beans and veggies as the main protein source).
I hope this helps. Maybe one day I’ll have enough energy to even make a coordinating grocery list. But not anytime soon. 🙂
I share these menus to help other families like ours out there. Meal planning can be a challenge with a special diet.
Just for fun, here’s a pic of my set up for menu planning and getting this post typed up. I love Coke with my homemade Dragon’s Breath Popcorn. It’s the perfect snack for this menu planning blogger mommy!
1. BBQ Chicken Sandwiches (Make these awesome homemade dinner rolls, using vegan butter and non-dairy milk. Use dough setting on bread machine. Follow directions for baking. Once baked, cut rolls in half, add cooked chicken, top with safe bbq sauce) & Oven Roasted Carrots
3. Pineapple Fried Rice (omit ham, use only 1/2 cup pineapple & liquid aminos for soy sauce)
5. Black Bean Chili & Cornbread
6. Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken, Baked Sweet Potatoes & Steam in a bag Broccoli
8. Flex Meal
9. Vegan Crispy Cajun Chickpea Cakes, Homemade Dinner Rolls (See link from day one & make double batch for use in Day 10) & Sautéed Zucchini
11. Tangy Slow Cooker Pork Roast, Roasted Carrots & Baked Potatoes (Bake enough potatoes for day 12, too)
12. Garlic Chicken, Baked Potatoes from Day 11 & Grilled Asparagus
13. Chicken Nachos (use leftover chicken from day 12 & Daiya cheese)
14. Pineapple Fried Rice (see day 3 for link)
15. Leftover Pineapple Fried Rice
16. Veggie Spaghetti
17. Ranch Pork Chops (make safe ranch dressing using link on day 10, dip chops on both sides in ranch, coat with panko bread crumbs & bake), Earth Balance Vegan “Cheddar” Flavor Mac and Cheese, & Steamed Spinach
18. Easy Chicken Tacos (use homemade taco seasoning using link from day 2)
20. Vegetable Soup & Bread & Vegan Butter
Here are a few photos of the foods in my menu plan. Enjoy!