Doesn’t this dinner look delish?
Hot, homemade rolls.
Ranch turkey burger sliders made with:
Homemade ranch mix.
Fresh green onions.
Lean ground turkey breast.
Served with sautéed fresh zucchini.
First, the rolls have to be made. I skipped the original directions for making the dough. With any bread recipe, I throw it all in the bread machine and press “dough.” It’s worked for me so far. It takes me less than 5 minutes to put the ingredients in the bread machine.
Here’s the recipe for the homemade dinner rolls.
Homemade Dinner Rolls
(adapted from this recipe from All Recipes)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 tsp Quick Rise Yeast for Bread Machines
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk (I’ve used SO Delicious Original Coconut Coffee Creamer & SO Delicious Lite Culinary Coconut Milk)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- Add all ingredients to the bread maker. Use dough setting. This takes 1.5 hours on my bread machine.
- Once the dough is ready, divide dough into 12 equal pieces. Shape into balls. Mine are never perfectly round or even the exact same size. I divide the dough in half using a pizza cutter. Then I cut the halves in half. And cut each strip into three pieces. (12 rolls total) Roll.
- Place in greased 8-inch round pan. Use vegan butter to grease the pan.
- Cover with a clean kitchen towel. Let it rise in a warm and draft free spot until it’s doubled in size. It takes my dough about an hour to double in size.
- When the dough is doubled in size, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Mine are perfect in 18 minutes.
- Remove from pan; brush with a small pat of melted vegan butter.
Next, whip up a batch of homemade dry ranch mix (link below). I always double this batch so I have some on hand to make dinners like this a snap.
Once your ranch mix is done, it’s time to start making your ranch turkey burger patties.
I found this lovely recipe on Pinterest. I’ve made a few changes to make it safe for our diet.
Ranch Turkey Burger Sliders
(adapted from this recipe from Laa Loosh)
- 1 package of ground turkey breast
- 2 Tbsp homemade dairy free ranch mix (click here for the link on my recipe substitutions page)
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all ingredients.
- The patties are for smaller dinner rolls, so make the patties the size of sliders. I get 8 sliders from this recipe.
- Heat a pan on medium. Spray the pan with olive oil spray.
- Cook the patties until well done.
To make the Ranch Turkey Burger Sliders with Homemade Rolls:
- Cut the rolls in half.
- Add turkey slider to bottom half of roll.
- Add desired toppings (sliced tomato, lettuce and/or sliced onions).
- Top with the top half of the roll.
- Serve with a veggie on the side.